Monday, November 1, 2010

i heart faces – My fall story

For i heart faces they are taking the week off and just having us share a fall photo with a story that goes with it. I ended up going with a photo we took one month ago in Duluth, MN. I love this city and the surrounding areas. The colors are so great in the fall. We were able to be up there during peak time for colors.


Sept 30th my husband, myself and our son took an overnight trip to Duluth. We stayed at an awesome hotel right on Lake Superior. When we go up there its always a lot of driving, to get in all the places we love to see or new ones. This time we choose to take in some new sites. This view was awesome and took us a long time to find since we hadn't been there before.




Here we stood watching this ship that had just left the harbor. It looks so small in this photo but if you've seen any ships up close you know they are anything but small.


Every Time I look at this photo it makes me smile, remembering the family time we had and the fall colors we were able to see. When it comes to going up there watching ships come in or leave we love to do. It doesn't matter how many times we see it done its just amazing to see one go right by where you are standing and see the massiveness of them.


5 comments:

Karrie said...

Beautiful photo! the colors are just amazing! Sounds like a great little getaway for you and your family...beautiful too :)

Amy Henderson said...

Gorgeous view!

Meghann said...

I love Duluth!! It is the perfect little quaint town. I have fond memories down town walking the inside walkways! Great capture of it's beauty.

Casy Schweickart said...

Those colors are beautiful...that is what I love most about fall!

Ashley @ Ramblings and Photos said...

A beautiful shot and beautiful memory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...