Sunday, November 7, 2010

A tale of two er three fish

A fellow homeschooling mom was getting rid of a fish her kids had, tank and all. So when I read the email I jumped at the chance to get the fishie. My son has wanted some fish for awhile, and we had an aquarium that we found at the local thrift store, but the reality is I didn't even know what all was needed. So when we found this opportunity I figured it would be best, this way I'd know what, if anything was missing from what we already had.


fish they had was a tetra, I am thinking its a Black Tetra, at least from looking at the ones Wal-mart has, in a smaller version of course..lol. She said they had him for around 6 years, but he's also been by hisself all this time.


So I am not jumping to put anyone with him, just in case. Wouldn't want to upset him. Aww isn't he just cute. So of course since we picked him up on last Tuesday, by Friday we just *had* to get some fish for our other aquarium :) So the 13 yr old, myself and my mom were going into town for errands and decided b4 coming home to get some fish. Took me a bit of time to decide. I actually want these glofish they are neon pink, orange and green ones. Super cute...lol. But I finally decided on one male Betta, he's by himself in his own bowl.



Yeah really back photo, he's a bit tougher to catch since he swam away...lol I just loved the colors of him and such.


Then one Black Moor(who was my favorite and didn't even make it home! So I'll be going back to get a replacement!) I was bummed, he was just too cute, with his fan fins and buggy eyes. Hoping to get another one and actually KEEP him alive to get him home as well as much longer after the fact. So the last one we got was an orange and white fish, I can't remember what kind it is, so I'll just post the photo and maybe someone can refresh my memory. All I remember is its in the goldfish area of the aquariums in wal-mart. Well here he/she is





Aww just too cute. We are fish fans here, seem to be easy enough pets....lol.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...