Here's my Pumpkin Bars recipe along with some step by step photos :) First off I have to brag a wee bit, I got these from Avon. There is a 3 mixing bowl set, measuring cup(collapsible) set, measuring spoon set, then finally the rainbow utensil holder.
Anyway thought I'd show that off. Maybe a slight plug since I sell Avon as well. But you won't hear a lot about it on here :)
Before you get started I'd have the cream cheese taken out of the refrigerator to soften up.
Pumpkin Bar Recipe
¾-cup butter
2 cups sugar
Four eggs – beaten
1 – 15 ounce can of pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½-teaspoon baking soda
½-teaspoon salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½-teaspoon nutmeg
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time then stir in pumpkin
Separate bowl
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Add to pumpkin mixture.
Mix up and pour in pan.
Bake - 30-35 minutes @ 350
Frosting
1 – 3 ounce cream cheese
1/3 cup butter
1-teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
Mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth, gradually add powder sugar until smooth
Here's some photos to go with the steps.
First off gather all your ingredients, this will make it easier, don't do what I've done in the past and grab as I go...lol. Once you have everything out start off with the butter and sugar. Cream them together until somewhat fluffy
The you add your beaten eggs one at a time and it will look similar to this
I know not all that attractive looking. My photographing food skills isn't really up to par :)
Next you take your can of pumpkin
Obviously name brand does not matter, I always buy what's on sale here
This is what the butter, sugar and egg mixture looks like when the pumpkin is added in and mixed up
Oh so yummy looking huh? Yeah I know what you're thinking and I agree!
Then you take the following and mix up in a sperate bowl
That is your flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg(oops I have 2 cinnamon's in the photo...lol.) meant to have my nutmeg in there as well. So just don't forget that as an ingredient :)
You mix that all up in the seperate bowl, then slowly add it to the pumpkin mixture so it looks somewhat like this
Yeah I know still doesn't look any better color and texture wise. Trust me its yummy though in the end :)
Now its onto pouring it in a pan. This time I used my pampered chef bar pan. But you can also put it in a cake pan for thicker pieces. Either way its yummy.
While this is in the oven at 350 degrees for the 30-35 minutes, you can mix up your frosting(which is SUPER sweet!)
You take the cream cheese, butter and vanilla, mix it up then add the 3 cups of powdered sugar until it looks like this



No comments:
Post a Comment